RASS COVID – 19 Phased plans
Phase 3: Returning to Safe Operation
Starting on Thursday, June 25th 2020
COVID-19 - Returning to Safe Operation.
- Ensure and enable that individuals (including staff and non-staff members) who have the symptoms of a cold, flu, or Covid-19 including any coughing or sneezing should not come into the workplace.
- Staff are expected to continue to follow physical distancing measures after work, in order to limit new transmissions.
In Office Guide:
- Cough/sneeze etiquette signage will be posted in the waiting area.
- Staff must continue to practice good hand hygiene/sneeze etiquette and are required to wipe down common area spaces before and after use (i.e., wipe down bathroom and kitchen surfaces and door knobs).
Client Sessions (In Office):
- Ring doorbell to be admitted into RASS
- Booked appointments only please – NO DROP IN at this time
- In office sessions, staff and clients will have the option of wearing PPE.
- RASS will not be actively offering PPE to clients, however in the event that a client requests a mask, one will be provided.
- Only one non-staff member will be allowed in the building at a time.
- The group room will serve as the counselling room; sessions must be booked at least 30 minutes apart, allowing staff to clean up after session(s).
- Clinician is responsible to maintain physical distancing with client during their session; both clinician and client are required to sanitize/wash their hands before and after an encounter.
Client Sessions (Outreach):
- Outreach kits, composed of a mask and gloves are available to staff; staff will be responsible for proper protection
- Staff will be required to wear PPE in the event of entering a client’s home or during close proximity encounters, such as driving.
- Each staff will be provided with, or are responsible for, carrying a hand sanitizer during all outreach visits.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after every patient encounter. When in close proximity with the client (i.e., in car, entering home), you must have your mask and gloves on. If seated in outdoor space with client, you must maintain a physical distance of 2m.